Saturday, November 17, 2007

God May Be Calling Gary Home Soon

This morning Hope had to rush Gary to the hospital-he was having a very difficult time breathing.

Yesterday Gary did make it to the doctor for his last visit with his oncologist. Dr. Davidson said there was no more scientifically to do for him. So Dr. Davidson recommended Hospice be brought in to help Hope care for Gary during this time.

We had no idea that the Lord would possibly call Gary home so soon. We knew every day was getting a little worse-Gary struggled to move, to eat, to do any physical activity at all. But when he couldn't breathe this morning, he asked Hope to call an ambulance.

Since he has been admitted, the doctors have sedated him (he was VERY agitated and anxious) and have given him pain medication. Because of this Gary has slept almost the whole day. The doctors suspect he will not be with us much longer than a few more days.

We know and feel the Lord's presence in Gary's room; we know He is holding Gary in his arms. We praise Him for all He has done for Gary through this journey, and we know God can heal Him again on this earth. But we do want what is best for Gary, and he is tired.

We ask for prayers for peace for Gary as he makes his final preparations to go home. He said he is very excited to be going to the Throne Room of the Father, at His feet praising Him. As he has said so many times before, THIS is what he has worked all his life to acheive: to walk with the Father and finally see Him. We know God has many jewels for his crown waiting for Him in His mansion above.

We love you and Gary is so grateful for all of you who have prayed for him through this journey. We know if the Lord wants him to remain on earth longer to do more Kingdom work, HIS HANDS will heal him. And if the Lord wants to bring him home to be with Him, we can't imagine a better place for him. May God forever be praised for all He has done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Gary and his family as brothers and sisters in Christ. I don't think his mind could possibly know how many lives he has touched.

Just know that I will keep praying for Gary and you all, and I will be thinking about ya'll non-stop. Feel free to email me if you need anything.

God Bless sweetie and thanks for the update! Jenny

Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend,

I Love You! I am so Thankful for God blessing me with you and our friendship. We have prayed, encouraged, supported, shared, loved, laughed, played (specifically golf), and I have grown in my relationship with The Lord because of you. You have made me a better man in so many ways. Thank you for your example and your leadership as a Man of God, a Christian, a Husband, a Father, a Grandfather and a Friend! I am so Blessed to have you as my Brother and my Friend!!! Keep on Preaching!!!!
Hope, you know my Love for you and your family and my prayers are with each of you!