Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Still "Plugging Away"

Just a quick note to let you know that Gary is still plugging away (as he likes to call it).

Yesterday he received the 2 pints of blood to help raise that hemoglobin level. We see no signs yet that it is working except the color that is back in his cheeks. He is still extremely fatigued and has a hard time getting up and down.

He is, however, healing on his back. He says the wound is not as painful, and he is starting to scab some. This is good news! We pray God continues to heal those sores so that he can be more comfortable.

Beyond that there is nothing new. He is immensely grateful for the comments that you leave-he asks every day if there are new ones. I am getting to know those of you who do leave comments-he gets so excited to hear your names, and he tells me all the stories that he remembers about you! And it is a joy to know that so many godly and loving people have touched my father's life.

Please do not forget about fasting on Friday. I chose this day so you could have time to prepare for it. My mother will also be participating; Dad offered, but we decided it was best to give him all of our food that we are choosing not to eat that day!

We love you all, and please know that those are not just words. We cherish all of you who continue to think of us in this time. As Paul wrote to the Philippians:

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

5 comments:

Wiswall said...

Gary,
We are thinking and praying for you each and every day.
Beth, if we can do anything for you, please let us know. I would be honored and blessed to help with daily chores, errands or anything else you need help with.
We love you and God Bless,
Vickie and Jeff Wiswall

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary & Hope,
I tried to send you a note a while ago but it didn't go through so I'm trying again. I just wanted to say Gary, keep on plugging away. Many people here are praying for you. May God bless you all, I know this is a hard time for all of you. You are in my prayers often every day.
Love, Iva

Unknown said...

Hi Gary!
I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you here at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries! God is indeed good, and is the Great Physician! May He bless you and your family immeasurably during these days!

Melissa Russell
Affiliate Relations Associate
"Just Thinking" & "Let My People Think"

Anonymous said...

Gary...

You are one of my heroes. You've taken this one day at a time and managed to give us the gift of sharing (through your family) your thoughts and prayers.

Plugging away day by day ain't a bad deal at all.

God Bless,

Hank Schmitt

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary,Hope & Erin
Just a note to say "HI" and let you know you are on my mind and heart. I was sitting here remembering about when we were all younger, you and your parents would be at our house and we would have a fish fry and just enjoy being together. Those were good old days. May God be with you. Love, Iva