Thursday, November 15, 2007

Some Prayer Needs

Just wanted to ask you briefly to pray for Gary and Hope right now. Gary's body is degenerating at a rapid rate at this time, and we are not sure there will be a recovery physically at this point.

Gary asks for prayers for the strength and courage for what lay ahead of him, that he continue to run this race set before him. He asks that you pray that he be prepared for whichever path God has chosen for him.

The family simply asks for peace and assurance that God is completely in charge, and He is doing what is best. We KNOW this, but sometimes the heart does not receive the same message as the brain.

God is so good, and we know He has us safely in His arms. May God be praised for what He is doing and is about to do in our lives.

We love you.

4 comments:

Jenny Nelson said...

Gary and family,

My daughter is in Ms. Hope's class at PCA (Savannah Rose). After asking of Gary often, I was given this blog site some time ago. I have kept up with Gary since September this way. I thank your daughter for this site...it has so inspired me by the faith all of you have shown through this battle. I will never forget your courage and strength through all of this...it will inspire me throughout my life.
It is hard to know why different things happen to different people. I am enclosing some encouraging words that I thought might help all of you.

"If God explained everything we did not understand, there would be no reason to have faith."

"God delights to meet the faith of one who looks up to Him and says, 'Lord, you know I cannot do this - but, I believe that You can.'"

"The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us."

"The will of God never takes you to where the Grace of God will not protect you."

I am thinking of all of you and you are in our prayers. Savannah Rose prays for you daily, as well. Ms. Hope, your children at PCA are well, and love you much. They are taking good care of your classroom why you are away.

In Christian love,
Jenny Nelson

Anonymous said...

Please assure Gary of our love and prayers. Nancy and I have been praying for him every day asking God to demonstate His sufficient grace to all of you in new and fresh ways that you have never seen before.

Larry Wit

Anonymous said...

Gary, I know you have been having a hard time with the battle you are struggling with. We all know God is in charge and I pray He will take away the pain. You are in my prayers. I love you and Hope very much.
Iva

Anonymous said...

Gary's and your family's personal journeys have not only inspired me in my walk with Jesus, but it has inspired more people then ya'll can ever know.

God is in control and I will keep you all in my prayers. May your hearts be overflowed with God's love.

God Bless, Jenny