Tuesday, June 12, 2007

News From the Doctor

We received news from the doctor today that the tumor indeed was "mestatic lung cancer". This is not the best news that we could have received, but it was also not the worst. We are grateful that a new cancer has not cropped up in Gary's body.

Gary and Hope go to Gary's oncologist in the morning at 7:30AM. Pray for Dr. Davidson as he advises Gary in the next course of action. We already know he will be having chemotherapy again, but we are not sure when that will happen.

Even though this tumor was not benign, we still know God is in control. God granted Gary his petition for 10 more years, so we know God has more "amazeable" (combine the word amazing and unbelievable, for that is what Gary's story is) things coming Gary's way.

We praise God for Gary's continued recovery; everything he does is better today than it was yesterday. The only "frustration" he feels is the inability to sleep at night. Pray the Spirit will give him peace each night so that he may rest.

Please leave comments as you read updates! Gary would love to hear from you in that way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Gary, this is LEA'S "MOM" (SCOTT'S real mom. i appreciate lea keeping me informed as i admire your courage. My late husband didn't make it , but i keep praying for God to continue to grant you daily strengh, determination & courage to persevere a day @ a time. you are in my prayers always as i love your neice & realalize how important you are to Lea. your truely, Joanie Donnellan

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Hundley...

I have tried to follow your progress as best as I could, with the help of your wonderful staff. I am glad to have found your blog and will keep up this way as well. I have prayed for you each and every morning, as has many other people here at Davis Printing. I have shared with several people how much your friendship means to me and how I admire your relationship with the Lord. I hope only the best for you and your wonderful family.

Beth Nelson

Tony and Susan said...

piGary, my friend Jon Atchison found your blog and forwarded it to me. It's been a long time! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you rely on God's strength to overcome this cancer. May you claim (another) victory through our Lord and may you continue to labor in His Kingdom. Take care--Tony Griffies (griffiesgrowth.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Gary, this is your friend Lew Lewis. You, Hope and your entire family are in my prayers continuously. I praise God for you brother...Lew