Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pray for Time

In Isaiah 38 God told Hezekiah to get his affairs in order that he was going to die. Hezekiah cried and turned his face to the wall and said, "Lord, I have more I want to do for you."

God heard his prayer and gave him 15 years.

At this juncture in my life I will be grateful for a month, six months, or a year. But we are praying specifically for 10 years. When I asked Hope to marry me, I asked her dad if I could have the next fifty years of her life to try and make her happy. That 10 years will get us pretty close. In addition my daughters and granddaughters were all about 13 when they came to Christ. Mihaela Hope is 3 now, Noah is 2, and Lannom is new. But 10 years will give me an opportunity to make a spiritual deposit in their lives which I desperately want to do.

From a ministry perspective the past year has been an incredible year of God working. I look around and see people who are broken and in desperate need of hope. What I have experienced is the goodness of God and I want to share that with everyone I meet. The ministry of FAITH Radio has been my life and what an opportunity it gives to touch lives in substantial ways. I want FAITH Radio to be a better ministry when I leave it than when I came and there is still work to be done.

Friends, God's hands have been all over the ministry of FAITH Radio. I look for the next 10 years to be the greatest years of growth for this ministry and I long to be part of it. One of the greatest honors of my life has been to represent and be part of that ministry. It has irrevocably changed my life. So please join us in praying for 10 more years.

God bless you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers. We adore Bill & Brooke and their precious children so much. They are a true blessing. We feel that we know you as Brooke keeps us updated on how you are doing. Know that your brothers and sisters at University Parkway Baptist Church are on their knees on your behalf.

Love,
Kenny, Lori, Natalie, Elijah, Noah, Haven & Alivia

Anonymous said...

We just want you to know that you and your family are in our prayers daily. Randy, Erin & the kids are closer to us than some of our family. We can completely identify with wanting to be a major influence in your grandkids lives. We are dealing with that with my mother's Parkinson's disease. We know that Aidan and our baby Evan to be will not know my mother the same way my brothers and I did when we were young. It can be VERY frustrating. You are all in our thoughts each day.
Love,
Jamie, Lee Anne & Aidan Cockrell

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,

We're praying without ceasing for you over here at Hunter Hills Church and we praise God for you and what he has done. Today I am praying for a great day of rest and renewal for you.
I'm still laughing about you threating the doctor if he didn't bring you a coke to ICU...you did warn him that you were "buffed up" with all the steroids they were giving you!!
Keep that sense of humor Gary...a joyful heart is good medicine!!

In Him,

Don Campbell

Lea Hundley said...

Hey Unc,
Just wanted to let you know I talked with Al last night. We're both anxiously waiting to hear from you, especially your Big Brother. Rest well, heal fast.

We Love You,
Luth

Anonymous said...

Gary,
Just wanted you to know you are in my prayers. Thank you for your amazing witness in this very difficult time in your life.

A listener

Lea Hundley said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY UNC!!!

Love You Bunches,
Luth