Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Reminder of Encouragement

As Gary's "secretary" (and his youngest daughter), I was reminded last night of Gary's favorite passage in Scripture. He showed it to me the day we went to Birmingham to see the neurosurgeon. It provided great comfort for us as we went through that whole week at UAB, and as Dr. Guthrie performed the surgery, I read this passage again and again. I want to share it now with all of you who care and love Gary as much as I do. Perhaps it can encourage all of us. (Isaiah 43:1-3)

But now, this is what the LORD says—he who created you,
O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...


May God bless you richly today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary & Family,

I, like many, have you all on my heart and mind. May I say that God has spoken to me in recent days about the contrast between fear and peace - that they exist on a continuum. However, they are on the extreme opposite ends of the line. Faith and love are the means to move us from fear to peace. "Perfect love casts out fear...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

So that's our prayer today and for each day for you and your family to sense God's peace in the midst of the storm. "What manner of man is this that the winds and waves obey Him?"

You are in His hands and in our prayers continually.

Terry & Ginny Roberts, Wetumpka, AL

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's been a while since I've read that passage. I need to remind my Gary to read it....he needs the reminder!

Gary, please know that we are still praying for you. God has been so good to you! PTL

In Christ,

Cheryl Teel