Friday, September 21, 2007

On Day Five

It appears as if Gary has successfully completed a full week of radiation. The first three days were pretty bad-it takes some getting used to to get on that hard metal table and lay for 20-25 minutes completely still.

Yesterday, day four, was much better. Gary stated the nurses and technicians know how to get him on the table without causing more pain; he said that helped get through the therapy. Gary also began his chemotherapy again yesterday afternoon. That too went well. We think the reason he did so well yesterday was because he has to take steroids for a few days before and after chemotherapy. But we know your prayers for him these past few days have been the reason for this improvement. We ask that you continue!

Some other new things happened yesterday after Gary's visit with Dr. Davidson. Gary is on some new medication to help his body endure the chemotherapy and radiation therapy. We pray it gives him some relief and helps him heal faster. He has begun some other medications to help with fatigue as well. We pray that "kicks in" immediately!

Gary is currently taking his last radiation for the week. Pray for a good weekend. It seems all the horrible events occur on the weekend, so we ask God now for a safe, healing and restful weekend for the whole family.

God is good, and we praise Him for TODAY, this day, to share with those we love. May you be blessed with a good TODAY with family and friends as well! We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary,
I came across our e-mail exchange yesterday. It seemed odd that I would come across your e-mail 3 years to the day after I received it, but it happened. I sent an e-mail to see how you were doing, and I got a reply today. I spent some of this morning catching up on your current situation. I am saddened that you and your family are dealing with cancer. It was a rollercoaster ride to read about the ups and downs from the past 3 and a half month I can not imagine how it has been for you and your family. The posting of your desire to live 10 more years to pass on some spiritual wisedom to your grandchildren really caused me to take a look at my family and how you have affected them. Because you allowed me in you and your family's life, I was able to see peace through God. I saw you dealing with work problem when you left Westbury, and some other personal struggles that may be too personal to put in this posting. I say this to share with you that your example has had a great impact on me, my wife, and three children. We walk with the Lord because you showed me how. I thank you and pray that God will carry you and your family through this challege and any others. Hope, Brooke, and Erin I pray that God gives you strenth and peace beyond understanding.
J.R. Ramirez