Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another Battle

Well just when I thought I would not be posting as much simply because Dad was doing okay.....

Gary is back in the hospital this morning. Mom took him around 4:00AM because he was struggling with his breathing. It appears to be bronchial spasms; there may be more, but some tests haven't been ordered while we are waiting on results from others. He is being admitted, and we are not sure how long he will stay this time.

From what we understand the cancer SHOULD be gone. The radiation did its job and took away the tumors in the back and shoulder. The pain in his hips has diminished as well as in his back and shoulder. So it seems the treatment is almost worse than the disease now. He is really struggling to heal, since his immune system is almost completely shut down due to the radiation and chemotherapy. The anemia is not helping him either.

I believe I speak correctly when I say that my father is just ready-ready to either feel better or for the Lord to take him home. He is restless with sitting all day, but he does not have the energy to attempt to do anything more. He knows the Lord has brought him this far but he, like the rest of us, are not sure why He has brought him to this point to live like this.

So I ask this from those of you who are praying for Gary-pray for a CLEAR picture of the work God has left for him on this side of heaven. The Lord would not leave Gary here to do more Kingdom work and not give him the strength to do so, at least that is our viewpoint. So God must have something for him to do, even when he is this weak. Can you pray for God to reveal that to him and to my mother? We feel Gary needs his purpose, his drive, his motivation back for fighting this disease and all the effects of it. He is just existing right now, and that hurts all of us who love him to see that when we know he is so much more.

I know God still says this of my father:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God has used Gary for extraordinary things in His name-I know Dad can continue that, even now. May God be glorified by His servant even in the midst of this battle.

No comments: