Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Praise God For His "Mighty Miracles"

Forgive me for not posting earlier on how my father is doing this week! We have been attempting to potty train our 2 1/2 year old son! What a job!

What a mighty God we serve, for He has taken away my father's pain again! The radiation is taking effect, and the pain is dwindling more every day.

Thursday is Gary's last day of radiation. We should know next week if the cancer is gone completely. When we talked about this earlier, I told my dad- "Let's hope this keeps the cancer at bay for a while!" My dad quickly responded: "A while? How about for good?!" There's the old Gary, back after being away with all the pain he has been enduring this past month. His hope was always there, but the pain kept him from speaking of it too often. I praise God my father is back and ready to start living again!

As we have stated numerous times and, because of recent history, we cannot say definitively that this radiation therapy is a "success" and he is healed completely. But isn't that what faith is about-trusting even when you can't definitively know?

So that is what we hold on to-the faith that our God is a mighty God who performs mighty miracles! For we sing today as we have done throughout this journey:

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!
The Lord's right hand is lifted high;
The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!"


Praise to the One who saves us and makes us saints, so we can worship and adore Him!

No comments: